I wasn’t lying when I said I love citrus drinks! I often drink peppermint tea religiously but when I am having a break from caffeine I am straight into the lemon bowl!
Hot water and lemon to start the day instead of tea or coffee is one of the best things you can do for your body. Read on if you want to know exactly why…
- Lemon’s are high in vitamin C which will help boost your immune system.
- Also high in potassium which helps with brain and nerve function so it really does wake you up in the morning!
- Will help balance pH levels to reduce overall acidity in the body.
- Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. (If you are struggling to control your portion size try having lemon water before a meal)
- Help aid digestion by encouraging the liver to produce more bile which is an acid for digestion.
- It is also a diuretic - helps purify urine and release toxins.
- Vitamin C aids in fighting wrinkles and blemishes. Also flushing out toxins clears your skin.
If those reasons aren’t enough to make you go make a cup of lemon water right now then I don’t know what will!!!